Translate

Tuesday 14 January 2014

All the birds seen at Ladysmock.

As I am no longer at Ladysmock and back in London one of the first things I have noticed is the lack of birds.
It got me thinking about all the species I saw in the four and a half years spent there.
I will add to this list as I recall them!

Seen in the garden -

Great Tit
Blue Tit
Coal Tit
Long Tailed Tit

Blackbird
Song Thrush
Mistle Thrush
Redwing
Field Fair

House Sparrow
Dunnock (Hedge Sparrow)
Robin
Wren
Garden Warbler
Starling

Greenfinch
Goldfinch
Chaffinch
Bullfinch

Great Spotted Woodpecker
Green Woodpecker
Nuthatch
Tree Creeper

Little Owl
Sparrow Hawk

Magpie
Jay
Crow

Wood Pigeon
Collard Dove
Stock Dove

Pheasant
Partridge

Seen (over) and heard from the garden
Tawny Owl
Cuckoo
Swallow
House Marten
Buzzard
Mallard

Other animals seen in the garden

Badger (while watching little owls at dusk one appeared three feet away from me).
Fox
Grey Squirrel
Deer (not sure what type - two walked up the drive one evening!)
Toad (a regular in the greenhouse during winter)
Snake - moved too quickly to see but most likely a Grass Snake.
Wood Mice
Shrew







No comments:

Post a Comment